Monday, February 25, 2008

Update

Hey guys.  Sorry I haven't been great at this blogging thing...  I'm working on it...


There's lots to tell you but I don't have a lot of time now so this is going to be quick.


I've settled into my new home and love it!  I can spend days roaming the streets and feel as though I get lost in the beauty that surrounds me.  I know my way around which is a great feeling. 


Saturday afternoon Molly, Lizzy and I ended up at a bakery.  We had walked past it many times before and never ventured in.  After a long walk along the river we decided to go.  We bought some bread and decided to make Bruschetta.  Lizzy had also bought the ingredients to make baked brie so we spent the later part of the afternoon making appetizers.  They were delicious!


Yesterday it was 65 degrees outside.  A couple of my roommates and I went to have lunch at an outdoor cafe in Old Town Square.  We walked all side streets to get there and sat outside soaking up the rays and enjoying our lunch.  There was lots to see and great people watching.  One of our favorites was a lady with hair down to her ankles.  It was very thick and looked like she had crimped it that morning to go out.  It was actually nuts.  After what was an amazing lunch we went and sat in the middle of the square.  There was a movie filming in the square but the square was still open to the public.  We sat and watched the movie filming for a bit before venturing off for some gelato.  Last night we all cooked dinner together and curled up to watch a movie.


This morning I'm at an internet cafe by my flat.  The internet in my flat always cuts in and out so its frustrating to try and get stuff done there.  This is my first time here, at the Globe, though people from years past had told me to come.  I actually really like it.  It's a quiet and relaxed atmosphere.  I had a cup of coffee, did some reading, and am responding to emails as well as blogging.  It's been a good morning.  I have class at 2:45 and go until 9:30.  


I leave for Interlaken Wednesday night.  I can't wait!  I've heard from many people that it's one of the best trips they've ever taken.  I plan to ski, night sled, hike, etc.  I'll be in Prague the following weekend for my birthday.  The next weekend my roommates and I are taking day trips.  We haven't quite decided where we're going yet, though we're going to stay around the Czech Republic and try to hit up two or three places.  After that I head to London for 3 days and then meet my parents in Italy!

Lots to look forward to...

Hope all is well at home.  Keep me posted on your lives too!

xoxo

Lisa

No comments: